Friday, September 30, 2011

Tri-Canvas Painting... part 4

After I painted in the ropes, I let the painting dry.  I made a list of things I wanted to change. 


I added more rocks, as I wanted the area to look more treacherous - an explanation for why the ropes are there.  I wanted to add some more things to the painting.  Jon suggested a dolphin in the water and a bird flying in the air.
I didn't think I could add them and didn't want to ruin the painting.  But, I was determined to squash that negative voice in my head.
I wanted to keep the painting, realistic looking and researched a lot of images of dolphins and birds.
I was now on a mission.  I also went through my own photos of this beach area and found some images that I thought I could add.
So, I added a pelican on a post.... 
I added a trio of dolphins.
And crane in the surf...
And a flock of birds in the air

 Here are the finished panels.  I am happy with them.  Now, I let them dry and cure for a week - 10 days and then I will varnish it.  Varnishing protects the finished painting from dust, dirt and some sunlight.

My original sketch in my notebook

And here is the completed painting and the original photo....


2 comments:

Allie said...

WOW. that looks FANTASTIC! good job not letting the negative voices squash you...perseverance pays off!

SOFIA said...

i lovelove love the pelican on the post!