Thursday, October 13, 2011

3.4 miles!

Today was a great day to be a runner!  I ran my furthest ever.  The temperature was cool, and because it was lightly raining, the roads were empty.  I ran a long loop, not knowing the distance until afterwards when I clocked it with my car.  The run was actually quite pretty.  The freshly fallen leaves were like mosaics on the dark pavement.  The rain made things seem peaceful. I felt so focused on running that it was very fulfilling.
And even though running is a solitary activity, it can be rather social as well.  I get waved to by friends I haven't seen in a while.  I see when houses go up for sale and when construction starts on others. Today, I found a bank check on Main Street and dropped it off at the bank as I ran past.  Sometimes, Ashley's friends will see me running and will send her a text as to my current location.  And best of all, when I finish the run, I feel so accomplished.

No comments: