Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tutorial: Felt Donut

 Here is an adorable felt donut. These felt crafts are called "felties" or "softies" in the crafting world.  They are made out of either polyester felt (craft felt) or wool felt.  The polyester felt is very inexpensive and stretches a lot, whereas the wool felt is a natural product and is gorgeous and more costly.  I made this one with craft felt and glass beads.  Felties were originally made as soft toys for children, but with the addition of beads, I think this is more an adult toy or ornament.  I made this one as a "garnish" for a gift basket.
 Ashley had the idea to package it as a donut.  I loved that idea!

Supplies needed for 1 donut:


 This little project took me about 2 - 3 hours to complete.  I did a little at a time.  The end result was quite cute and quite realistic!

No comments: