Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 at a Glance

Looking back on each year is kind of fun as the year's all seem to blur together.  But, really, each year is different and noteworthy!  OK, maybe not noteworthy, but definitely full of unique happenings.  Take a look at what 2011 brought us.

 Record snow in February.  You can barely see the restaurant's entrance past the snowbanks!
 Late March starts the tennis season in NH, even if Mother Nature doesn't agree.  We spent a few hours, 3 pizzas and 24 cans of soda cleaning the courts one day.  Mother Nature had the last laugh as it snowed 7 inches the following weekend!
 We acquired another cat, oddly enough named Kat.  She took on Ashley as a pet and has been part of our crazy household ever since.
 We enjoyed our time viewing sunsets on the Gulf of Mexico.  The colors are so dramatic and gorgeous.
 I ran this year! Not since high school have I run steadily each week.  I have a love/hate relationship with running.  I love to have done it, but hate doing it.  I hate to work to feel exhausted from running, but love that feeling of exhaustion.  (I can be difficult at times.)
 Here are my resourceful daughters figuring out how to reach up high when we had no furniture, no ladder and not even a box to step on.  I knew Ashley's height would come in handy, all 5 foot 10 inches of it!
 Allie graduated from high school in June.
 And went off to college in September.
 And we visited her in October.
 I did some paintings this year.
 We visited colleges for my little one.
Claudia, Theo, Laurie, Dame and I outfitted a Christmas tree in early December.

And we had a very Merry Christmas.

I wish you all the healthiest and happiest New Year.  May 2012 be even better than year's past.

No comments: