Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Advent Journal Day 8 - December 8, 2011

Be Thankful

Be thankful that you don’t already have everything you desire,
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don’t know something
For it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations
Because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge
Because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you’re tired and weary
Because it means you’ve made a difference.
It is easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those who are
also thankful for the setbacks.

GRATITUDE can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.
Author Unknown


  Day 8 Advent Journal 12.8.11
Today's Prompt: List seven things for which you are grateful.
Here is Day 8 of my Advent Journal. Once I started listing what I was grateful for, I had a hard time stopping.  To narrow it down, here is my list.
1. Friends and Family
2. My health
3. My freedom
4. My ability to communicate
5. Food
6. My home
7. Jonathan




Somewhat Simple







Photobucket


shabby creek cottage






Photobucket
 The DIY Show Off

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hi Danny, thanks for sharing your ideas for the Advent Journal. We should all stop and think, especially at times like this. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/