Monday, January 02, 2012

New Year's Day 2012

Our New Year's Day was peaceful and enjoyable. We all met at my father's restaurant and we feasted!
 Here are the four of us. I was a bit tired from New Year's Eve, so I have the "crazy eyes" thing going on!
 Allie and Ashley were enjoying a laugh!
 My brother and his beautiful family!  The children are growing up so quickly.
 My sister M and her good natured husband, Brian.  They humored me with this photo as I wanted a picture of M's tiny baby belly!  Don't be fooled by the photo, there is a baby in there!
One serving of oysters from NYE.  Delicious. We opened so many oysters!
 Shrimp and scallops.  The scallops were as big as hamburgers!  6 scallops to a pound!  WOW!
Our buffet... chicken, chicken pot pie, veggies, salad, breads, focaccia, more focaccia, eggplant parmigiana and more!
 Our table before the festivities...
 Dad's creation... Tirimisu's cousin at Christmas.... Made with a panettone. It was delicious.
Dad's focaccia. Dad spent hours making these three focaccia.  One was rosemary, one was roasted peppers and the my favorite, onion topping.  Interestingly, 2012 is the Year of Focaccia for us.  My brother's family arrived a short time later.  My brother proudly showed us what he brought, 2 more focaccia!  Dame brought mushroom and onion.  It, too, was delicious!
And lastly, I made these little black olive/goat cheese penguins for Claudia and Theo. I called them March of the Penguins.  To my surprise (and disappointment) the kids didn't like them! But, they are adorable, aren't they?

2 comments:

DamianC said...

All the food was great sorry the kids didn't appreciate the penguins, they never had olives before, but they looked cute!

DannyB said...

No problem, Dame! It is funny how that happens!