For the art journals, the girls and I colored some watercolor paper. We spent 2 days working on them. First we took large sheets of watercolor paper (cold press) and added inks, acrylic paints and lots of color and texture. We tried to keep the color scheme similar -- lots of blues with some accent colors. We did these with the intent of using them in the ocean journal, which was why we kept with the blue scheme. We did both sides of the page, which is what took us so long! But it was fun and the girls did a fantastic job.
Here is one that I did adding the occasional orange accent.
And here is the page to the left of the sea fan. I attached jellyfish and a large interesting looking turquoise fish. The large blue jellyfish is actually hinged onto the page, creating a third page.