Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Art Journal: Caladan

 This journal page was the first one I did and also a very fun one. It has a lot of features that I loved to do.  It is a 6 page spread, 2 on the outside and 4 on the inside.  I really liked how it uses a lot of layers of paper, textures, quotes and colors.
   I made the mermaid from a sketch and had a fun time making the tail. I punched out lots of circles (three sizes) and layered them over my sketch.  This created a tale full of scales that I loved. I drew her arms, legs, face and hair and then layered different shapes of paper over each other to create the dimension.
I journaled quotes above the mermaid and also along the vegetation on the bottom.  I liked the way the page flowed and how your eye follows it along across the entire thing.
This is the first page that opens from seam outwards.  I made the coral on the left by cutting paper into a coral like shape.  On the right hand side, I printed out a drawing I sketched and then scanned into my computer.  I printed it out on tracing paper and it looks interesting this way.
I glued in some fishies and stamped some seahorses from a stamp I carved.

2 comments:

Allie said...

the mermaid looks AMAZING! wow!

DannyB said...

Thank you. I had a lot of fun with this page!