Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Fantastic Day!

 What a difference a week makes!
And now she carries her weight in her arms instead of her belly!  Little Ellie was born a bit premature last Friday.  I was so lucky to visit them today and I am so happy to report that Mama and baby are healthy and beautiful!  My sister glows with happiness and pride.  She is doing such a great job with her daughter, talking with her, holding her (called kangarooing by the nurses) and nursing.  Ellie responds as soon as she hears her mother's voice!  It is amazing to see her turn her head, shake her hands and respond!  Oh -- and Ellie doesn't like to have her arms contained when she is bundled and as soon as she gets to escape from the bundle, those arms go up.  I remember seeing that with my own babies!  It was so cute, so familiar.
Ellie is a beauty with long eyelashes, a head full of hair and the sweetest little face.
M snapped this pic of me holding her precious baby.  It was such a treat to hold her in my arms.  I could do that all day long.  What an angel.

1 comment:

piero canuto said...

happy, happy,
so beautiful