Tuesday, April 03, 2012

High School Tennis Team - Match #1 (1/14)

We had our first match of the season yesterday and we were blessed with fantastic tennis weather.  The temperature started out around 50 degrees with an occasional breeze and slowly dropped.  But, we managed to get in all 9 matches before the sun set and before it became too cold.
I had my hands in my pockets most of the time to keep warm as one of the players borrowed my gloves, but it was quite lovely.
The matches went very well as we played a gracious team.  We won 5 out of the 6 singles matches and then one of the three doubles matches.  I was pleased to see our players showing so much effort and confidence on the court.
(This was my first year coaching tennis without Allie playing in the match.  I missed her.)

It was a pleasure to see some girls who have been working with me for three years come out of their shells and play aggressively.  I was pleased to see my players be polite and complimentary to their opponents and best of all -- no one got hurt!

We have two more matches this week, providing that Mother Nature cooperates!

No comments: