Friday, May 25, 2012

More Artwork

Here is some sketches I did on the plane.  I cut watercolor paper into 4x6 rectangles to make it more manageable for the plane ride.  I brought a pencil, watercolor pencils, along with a small jar to hold water and a paintbrush.
 First, I sketched out some images.  Then, I added some color with the watercolor pencils.
 I dipped my brush into the water and this caused the colors to bleed and turn into a paint.  Since I used a light brush, the paper wasn't soaked and it dried quickly.  While it was drying, I started the next image.
 Once they were dry, I went back over them to make another layer and deepen the color.
 Once they were dry, I packed them up and took them home to work on further.
I darkened the shadows with colored pencils and added some white highlights.

No comments: