Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer 2012 "Pail" List


Summer is approaching and that means the possibility for so many good things.  As a child, it meant a break from school, warm weather, swim lessons, fresh tomatoes and berry picking.  It meant unknown things -- all of which would be fun, stress-free and exciting!
As a parent it meant making those same things happen for my own girls.  And since they are no longer "little" it means all new territory for us.  They are no longer needing swim lessons or soccer camp.  So, I will find things we can do together that are geared towards age 18 and over.

I've seen other people make to-do lists for summer and decided to do one myself.  I was going to call it my bucket list, but the girls flinched at that name as it signifies things to do before you "kick the bucket" and die.  Instead, I will call it my pail list, in honor of summer.

  • The Avengers - great movie
  • Men In Black 3 
  • Snow White and the Huntsman - good movie
  • Prometheus
  • GI Joe 2
  • The Dark Knight Rises - Batman 3
  • Total Recall
  • The Expendables 2
  • Brave

  • Eat dinner (or lunch or breakfast) outside
  • Do drawings of summer related things - manatees, pelicans, starfish, shells
  • Run, run, run
  • Swim in ocean
  • Walk in sand
  • Climb or hike a mountain
  • Try 10 new recipes
  • Try 5 new foods
  • Wear heels!
  • Eat by candlelight
  • Visit an aquarium
  • Read 5 Robert Parker novels -(Sunny Randall series?)
  • Make Sangria with peaches, berries and white wine
  • Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day
  • Brew pitchers of iced green tea daily
  • Plant an herb garden
  • Take photos of my girls (yes, more photos of my girls)
  • Make gelatin prints
  • Send a care package to a friend in the Air Force
  • Sew a faux chenille blanket
  • Sew a new fun bag

1 comment:

DamianC said...

iocCount me on on Climb a mountain and I'll try some of that Sangria as well.
Maybe Apres hike.