Friday, June 01, 2012

Weekly Recap - 6-1-12

Memorial Weekend causes the week to be short and fast!  Ashley has less than a week of school before she finishes high school!  This week was a four day week for her because of the holiday and next week is a 4 day week because she finishes her last class on Thursday.  So, she finished her last full week of school!
My father gave me some beautiful johnny-jump-ups or pansies.  They look beautiful in my faux stone planter on my deck.  Thank you Dad!
I turned in my storage room key, medical kit and team uniforms for the high school team yesterday.  After 5 years of keeping the stuff stocked, clean and safe it was bittersweet. On the one hand, it is a huge relief to turn in all the materials and know that I no longer have that responsibility. On the other hand, I really enjoyed aspects of coaching -- (although none associated with the key, uniforms or med kit!)
After all my work was done yesterday, I took some photos around town and then treated myself to an iced tea at Dunkin Donuts.  Because it was a rare slow time there, the manager came over and chatted with me.  He asked me if my kids were in college yet, because he thought for sure it had been long enough for them to be that age. I almost broke into tears. I nodded my head and said, "Sadly, yes."  I barely kept it together.  I thanked him for asking about the girls and left. The iced tea suddenly tasted terrible.
Allie and I went to my doctor's office for a routine visit.  While we were there at least three people stopped us and looked at us in amazement telling us that we looked so much alike!  Allie giggled and I thought, yes... we look like "before and after photos" with Allie being the "after" picture - photoshopped of wrinkles!
Ashley had a great time at Senior Day in tennis and her teammates showered her with praise, friendship and well wishes for graduation.  It made me quite happy to see her smile with joy and surprise.

No comments: