Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Paintings

Here are some more paintings I did with a summer theme.  I really love those Koi watercolors, they give me such vibrant color that I feel they enhance my work just with their brightness!
I started to use a blend of colors for this parakeet and tried to create more interest than just using a solid green for the main body and head.  I liked the effect of using yellow along with the green and how it looked with the bright orange beak.
In continuing with my bird theme, I used blues and purples this time.  I was quite pleased with the background, as it has a marbled effect.  
This sandpiper was quite simplistic.  The background was made by wetting the background and dabbing on a bunch of fun colors.  Then, while still wet, scrunching up plastic wrap and placing it on the wet canvas.  When dry, it created texture on the background. 
Lastly, I made a tiny painting of a full parrot.  I love the bright colors and the washed looking background.

No comments: