Monday, August 27, 2012

End of Summer Visit

We took a day trip to visit my brother and his family up north.  We took advantage of the beautiful weather and went to lunch before our visit.
 We were surprised to see decorated pianos scattered along main street.  Each one was painted differently and kids were at some pushing the keys while others just seemed to be decorating the sidewalk.
We stopped at a Thai Cafe for lunch and Allie and I enjoyed some Thai Iced Tea and Thai Iced coffee. Lunch was delicious.
 Then, we made our way to my brother's home.  His family was as beautiful as ever!  I got to take pictures of Claudia's hands next to mine. (I love the feeling of a child's hand against my palm.)
 And Theo's hands!  Claudia commented that I liked Theo's hands because they were dark.  Too cute.
 After getting a tour of their new home, we went for a brief walk of the grounds.  They took us to the swings...
 And favorite watering hole.  They have a creek near their house that I suspect will hold hundreds of memories for them.
 Throwing rocks, looking for bugs, finding frogs, watching the water rise and fall with the rain, freeze with the cold, hide under the snow...
And all the walking they will do.  It was great to see them before they start kindergarten and school this year.  My, how they've grown!

No comments: