Thursday, August 09, 2012

Summer Bucket List 2012 - Update

I've been keeping up with my Summer Pail List for 2012 and have more things I can cross off.

New Zealand Dory
Try 5 new foods - I tried New Zealand Dory - a fish, taro and previously - tomatillo, grouper cheeks and Mahi.

We have seen more summer movies including, Spiderman, The Dark Knight Rises, Total Recall and Brave.  Sadly, Brave was the only good movie.
I sent off a care package to my friend in the Air Force.  Krystina is a young woman who was my Karate student 10 years ago and is the same age as Allie.  Krystina joined the Air Force right out of high school and has been working hard.  She trains for 5K races and is starting college courses in addition to working full time in the military.
Krystina's care package
She was surprised when my care package arrived and she promptly sent me a kind Thank You along with a photo of herself wearing her new athletic shirt! Hearing her excitement and thanks made my day!



I've read 5 Robert Parker novels featuring Sunny Randall, Lady Detective.  The final three I read were Melancholy Baby, Blue Screen and Perish Twice.  Parker only wrote six Sunny Randall novels before his death, so I only have one more to finish this series.  


I've been taking photos of my girls. 
And they even took one of me!

No comments: