Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Technicolor Tuesdays - An Apple a Day

Here is the second issue of Technicolor Tuesday at Gonna Stuff a Chicken.  (Click here to see the first one.) Here is a photo that I love.  I can almost smell the sweet apples in the autumn sun.  I love the cluster of fruit on the tree, waiting to get picked for pie.
 This color pallet is the one I see immediately, when I look at the picture.  Bold, red apples with only a hint of pink and lots of green-yellow foliage.  If you look closely, you'll see that the colors are not those found in a box of crayons.  They are just off the tones of primary colors.  This is what nature makes and what we have to learn to see -- not red apples and green leaves, but shades of pinks and greens.
And, from the same photo are the toned down hues.  Look at how the "ice cream colors" stand out when you focus on the paler, softer colors.  This color scheme is gentle and soothing.  I still focus on pinks and greens, but in a whole new way. Isn't it amazing how the same image can produce such different color palettes?



The Shabby Nest



My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia


Thirty Handmade Days


1 comment:

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Both colour palettes are gorgeous! This shows me that I could easily incorporate some coral into my existing kitchen and living room colour schemes since I have a lot of the deeper chartreuse greens.

Visiting from The Winthrop Chronicles!