Saturday, August 25, 2012

Week at a Glance... 8.24.12

End of summer plants are in bloom and store are selling autumn mums for planting.

We saw The Expendables 2 in the movie theater and it was fun and thrilling. It ended on a happy note - the good guys won! I did find myself in awe that Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenagger and Chuck Norris are old men. I remember when they were the action heroes who were known for being physical, strong and powerful.  Now, they all look like they are clinging to "what used to be" and not what is.  Still, it was a thrill to see them on the big screen, all on the same side, fighting the bad guys.

I went running three times this week because I wanted to run - had the urge to run. Each time, I ran faster or longer than the last. It was a very satisfying time.

I have been checking things off my "to-do list" all week and this makes me feel very accomplished. I have a hard time staying focused and making a list and sticking to it has been a good feeling.

I tried a few new recipes this week.

Kat enjoys the summer weather from her favorite hiding place.

No comments: