Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week at a Glance

The days are getting shorter around here with the sun setting early.  It makes the days go by quickly and I can never believe when I check the clock and it is already time to get dinner ready. This past week has been a roller coaster of activity, both nationally and locally.  But, here are some things that have been happening in my small neck of the woods.
 I sewed a quick baby blanket for our newest member of the family.  I made an all cotton blanket with brightly colored ribbons for the edging.  Tiny hands like to pull an tug the ribbon.
 It's not very big, but is a perfect size for a baby to love.
 We got our first snowfall.  Kat wasn't sure that she liked it.  When she went outside, she hugged the house, trying not to get her booties wet.  Funny personality!
 The snow melted on our driveway, EXCEPT for where it landed on leaves!  It left little white mounds for a few hours.
When it snowed, I got out some Christmas themed papers and put together the framework for an Advent Journal.  I worked for a few hours, covering cardboard for the covers, attaching house numbers and making inside pages.
Now, all I have to do is start journaling, drawing and including photos.

No comments: