Thursday, December 20, 2012

Week at a Glance

We have less than a week before Christmas and the holiday rush is just a leisurely stroll right now!
Mother Nature has sent us snow, rain, sleet and the occasional spot of sunshine, but the temperatures have dropped and there is a chill in the air.  It certainly is beginning to feel a lot like Christmas and that is a very welcome feeling.
This past week has brought quite a few blessings for me and I am grateful for each day!
My nieces and nephews are the happiest children I know and I am proud that my siblings are such devoted and loving parents.
My own children are home from college and I couldn't be any happier.  I woke up before anyone else and made a trip to the grocery store so that I wouldn't miss a moment with them in the morning.  I should have known that my youngest wouldn't let me get away with that and greeted me at the door when I returned with a sleepy grin!
My father and I took advantage of the "cheesemaking weather" (an optimistic view of the rain after the snow) and made two batches of ricotta cheese (from whole milk and from whey).  It was time consuming, tedious at time and so much fun!
We made a very unlike me impromptu stop at the movies Wednesday night and took the girls to see Twilight when we brought them home from college.  I can't remember being at the movies that late at night.  When we left the theater at 11:40, it was spooky because we didn't see anyone else!  Even that was fun.
Jon and I put up the tree to surprise the girls when they returned from school.  I got the tree from the Farm Stand early last week and Jon put it up in the stand.  We strung lights and hung ornaments and the room glows with blinking lights at night now.
I planned the Christmas menu and the girls have suggested a few recipes to try this Christmas.  Cue the Christmas music!

No comments: