Sunday, January 06, 2013

Blessings

Here are some wonderful things that make each day a little brighter, tastier and more enjoyable.
English Breakfast Tea - I had this tea on British Airways and it was delicious.  I normally drink tea all sort of temperatures - hot, iced, lukewarm without any preference, but English Breakfast tea deserves to be served piping hot with a splash of milk.  Oh, it is better than coffee in the mornings, so hearty and clean!
Have you heard of Parrano Cheese?  It is made in the Netherlands and came to America in 1997. It is considered an Italian cheese, a blend of gouda and Parmesan.  It tastes like Parmesan but melts like Gouda and it is delicious eating cheese.

My sister suggested that I read the book The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society as it reminded her of how we communicate with each other through letters.  The book is set in England just after WWII during the initial clean up and aftermath of the bombings.  It's an enjoyable read that reminds me of the preciousness of life and the impact our words have on others.

We had a frigid cold spell this week and that made me appreciate my scarf!  I wore one in the fall, more of a fashion statement, but yesterday, I wore the scarf to stay warm and it was wonderful to have it wrapped around my neck when the wind blew!

No comments: