Monday, February 11, 2013

Blizzard 2013

We were hit by the storm last Friday through Saturday, dubbed "Nemo" by the Weather Channel, a subsidiary of NBC.  They determined back in September that in addition to hurricanes and unusual storms they would start naming any weather front they wanted.  It was a controversial decision and they claimed it was done to make it easier for the public to track the storm and safety information pertaining to it.  So, there you have it.  It was dubbed Nemo, the popular orange fish character in the movie Finding Nemo, which I believe has ties to NBC....  But aside from that little tidbit, Nemo hit with full force and the further north you went, the less snow was found.  I measured 15 inches on my deck, but just a few feet from the house was a few inches more.  
 Here are some roads in town, almost untouched from sand and other motorists.
 I like the clean snow, but it never lasts.
 The snow even blanketed the gravestones.  It looked quiet peaceful.
 I love the snowbanks in the parking lot.  I remember huge snowbanks when I was a child.
 I watched snow being moved around.
 And snow that was already moved around.
 There was so much white, it was quite a sight.
But nothing compares to the untouched snow in the woods.

No comments: