Here are some more posts where I sketched onto monoprints made with a gelli-plate. Part 2 can be found here and the first part can be found here. The prints are made onto a lightweight watercolor paper (the cheap pads of watercolor paper that I purchase in department stores and discount shops. I find that the lightweight paper isn't good for watercolor, as it tends to warp and bubble. But, for the mono prints, it works well, as good watercolor paper is too heavy to pull a print.) I use acrylic paint paint -- whatever I have on hand. This usually means cheap acrylic paint that I can purchase for under $1 a bottle. But, I have used high quality acrylic paint and it produces even better results.
I sketched a sea urchin onto this one.
Then I sketched a shell on top.
So far, I posted 9 of the 21 prints!