Friday, February 15, 2013

Monoprints and Drawings - Part 4

 Here are some more monoprints and sketches that I did a few weeks ago.  Overall, I was happy with how they came out.  I am really pleased that I found a fun way to use the monoprinted paper.
 I like doing the sketches on the painted paper because the paper gives me a jumpstart for the drawing. On the sand dollar, I tried to take colors from the print and use them in the sketch. This helped me to create an image that was realistic to a point, but also interesting to look out.
 I liked that the print that was on the paper added something to the sketch. This took the pressure off of me drawing the sketch, letting me just try to come up with the final image.
 I liked that the sketch was translucent, meaning that the background texture and pattern showed through the image. I really like this look, which is easy to do with digital work, but a lot harder to do with drawings.
And this was the first image that started this series for me. I sketched a piece of seaweed that washed up on the beach. I thought the monoprint was a good way to give the image a background.

No comments: