Sunday, March 17, 2013

Blessings

We are one week closer to springtime in New England!  But, someone should send Mother Nature a new calendar as NH is expected a whopper of a snowfall Monday night through Tuesday with up to 30 inches in some locations!
We finished Season 2 of HBO's Game of Thrones this week. Since we wait for the series to be released for rental, we are one season behind the currently aired episodes.  We prefer to watch the episodes all at once, rather than one a week... but the year wait for the next season is going to be a killer!  There are 5 books in the series (expecting 2 more) and I am on the last one, so I am aware of the plot lines.  But, HBO does a spectacular job of bringing the series to life. The actors are fantastic and the costumes are brilliant.  The material gets too brutal and violent for me by book 4, but I am curious how it will play out on the screen (at least for now).
I love to read and have a stack of books I want to get to this year.  Currently, I am reading A Dance with Dragons (book 5) and Creole Belle by James Lee Burke. I wish there were more hours in the day!
I've been working with colored pencils still and finally feel like I am starting to learn how to use them!
My daughters had Spring Break last week and cooked a fantastic dinner for us.  The made the entire meal from start to finish: parchment roasted wild salmon, broccoli, cornbread, berries and cannoli.  It was healthy, delicious and a treat!
I was blessed that my very Italian father has become a skilled baker and gifted me with an authentic loaf of Irish Soda Bread for the holiday!
Happy St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: