Sunday, April 07, 2013

Blessings

This week has so many reasons to be grateful!  My nephew and his parents finally were discharged from the hospital!  They had lived there for months and finally, finally their son's issues were addressed and he is bouncing back.  I am so grateful.
My youngest niece is taking her first steps!  Her parents are so proud and she is just adorable.
My daughters took advantage of some down-time and went for a double run and workout in the Boston sun.  Oh to be young enough to run a mile + to the Fitness Center, work out for an hour and then run a mile + back!
I came to the realization that aging gracefully is truly a gift that you give yourself and others around you.  While in Boston visiting my daughters, I popped into a favorite makeup store and picked up some things.  While I was paying for my items, the very generous clerk proudly pulled out a stack of samples and gave them to me.  He showed me that ones that he thought I would appreciate - all anti-aging serums.  Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, I thanked him and smiled.  Then I spent a few minutes envious that Allie gets offered lip gloss and perfume samples and I am in the anti-wrinkle stage of life.  Oh, well.  I am thankful that I have an assortment of ways to look my best!

1 comment:

Rhonda H said...

Well at least you got some samples! It is the being called "Ma'am" part of aging that used to get me! I think I am finally over that but it may have taken a few or dozen years! LOL
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier!