The Ram Island Ledge Lighthouse in Boothbay Harbor, Maine was completed in 1905 and was the twin to the Graves Lighthouse off Boston.
The Ram Island Ledge Lighthouse was electrified in 1958 and automated in 1959. In January 2001 it was converted to solar power. In 2010 it was put up for auction after being offered free of charge to government agencies. A Maine surgeon bought the lighthouse for $190,000 and it now open by appointment.