Ice makes drinks refreshing so consider alternatives to standard ice made from water.
1. Place mint leaves in each ice cube tray and freeze. Use for an unexpected taste with drinks.
2. Place lemon or lime slices in each ice cube tray for a punch of flavor.
3. Freeze leftover coffee or tea in trays and use the next day to prevent weakening your drink!
4. Freeze pureed berries to use in Sangria recipes.
5. Freeze cucumber slices and add to cool water for a simple agua fresco.
6. Freeze juice in ice cube trays and add to juices make interesting drinks.
7. Freeze yogurt in ice cube trays and use in smoothies for added protein.
8. Freeze chopped basil or parsley in ice cube containers. When frozen solid, place cubes in a plastic bag and put in the freezer. Use for sauces and dishes when cooking.
9. Freeze aloe vera gel in ice cube trays. Once frozen, place cubes in a plastic bag and store in the freezer until needed for burns.