Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blessings

August is speeding to an end.  My brother and his wife celebrated their birthdays already.  The kids are getting ready to return to college and the days are getting shorter.
I've been blessed by hearing my nephew call his mama's name over the phone!  Baby's first words are precious and such an amazing thing to witness.
My second novel is 85% complete!  The editing process is nearly over and it is exhilarating.  It's on track for a September release.
Ashley and took part in a photo shoot for a newspaper at the pottery studio.  We were asked to come and work, while answering questions about our experience.  The potter was featured and we were his students!
A new friend invited me to play tennis.  It was the first time I've played in almost a year.  It was such fun.  It jumpstarted my drive to get back in the game.
I set aside some time this week to work on some art. I painted, sketched, sculpted, threw clay and illustrated.
I also tried to expand my studies with doing some timed figure sketches.  I set the timer for 60 seconds and did a simple drawing, trying to capture motion.  It was a challenge and it took four tries before I drew all 4 limbs!  Time kept running out and I only partially finished.  When I finally completed one, I felt such accomplishment.

No comments: