Sunday, September 01, 2013

Blessings

The final week of August has been full of blessings. We have been treated to gorgeous weather this past week, with livable temperatures during the day and cool nights. We also had a ferocious thunderstorm that lasted for hours on Wednesday night. It's amazing to see the strength of Mother Nature when we least expect it. Typically, everyone goes around saying how we are glad all that rain wasn't snow. Soon enough, we'll be complaining about snow.

We have a nightly visitor. Around 5pm, this little guy does his route right through our front yard!  He is a scary, brilliant sight!
Earlier in the afternoon, we have a few deer that munch on the shrubs in our yard. It's one of the gifts of living in the woods to see these creatures.
I had the honor of being featured twice on Gelli-Arts Facebook page for a couple of my Botanical Prints.  I am so grateful that they posted my work.  I received such positive comments and kind words.  What a pleasant surprise!
My nephew started first grade this week. Where has the time gone?
I put the finishing touches on my second novel, Death at the Notch and it will be posted in Kindle for sale in the upcoming weeks. I am so thrilled with it.  I am so fortunate that I have a family that supports my love of writing.
We had our last week with the girls before they head off to Boston University for the fall semester. It is bittersweet; I am so proud of them, but will miss them terribly.

My girls gave me an early birthday gift -- they opened up an Etsy shop, named after this blog, for me to feature my artwork for sale online.  How lucky am I to have two wonderful daughters who believe in me! They have set it up with some of my photographs, but taught me how to add my drawings and paintings in the future. I can't wait to add to it.
We watched the season finale of Longmire, before the girls went back to school. It's been one of our favorite shows this summer and the episode was exciting and thrilling. Now to wait until next June for new ones!

No comments: