Sunday, October 06, 2013

Blessings

This week has been a whirlwind of activity as the first week of October comes to an end. The weather was beautiful with sun shine most of the days. The evenings are cooler and the mornings are filled with geese squawking as they head south for the winter. Each morning I hear the birds approaching and realize how lucky I am to hear their calls in flight.
I took advantage of the sunshine and headed to two area lakes to take photos during the quiet weekdays. The lake is so peaceful without boats, swimmers and traffic. I am always amazed at how alive the lakes are in the fall and how clean the air smells.
I met with a local artist this week and took at look at her watercolor paintings. I love to see an artist show their work.
I had a fantastic time at tennis this week. The other players in my clinic were so good natured that the 90 minutes flew past.
My dear friend and I took a trip to Stowe, Vermont for the afternoon.  Despite our favorite restaurant being closed for the day, we had an excellent time chatting, looking for Octoberfest and laughing.  The foliage is just past in Vermont, but it still a scenic drive.
I framed two paintings and worked on some sketches. I also put some original paintings in my Etsy shop this week.
I spoke with my sister and we laughed so hard that my stomach ached (in a good way) the rest of the afternoon. I love those type of phone calls.
My book Death at the Notch has been selling and I am so grateful to everyone that has purchased it.  Thank you to all blog readers who took a chance on the book. I am plotting the outline for the third Mena Young novel and starting researching.

No comments: