Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blessings

This week has been amazing. We are weeks into October already and the nights have offered frosty temperatures and the final colors of the autumn foliage. Warner held their annual Fall Foliage Festival this weekend and thousands and thousands visited the state.
I helped an older woman climb the steps to the library on Tuesday morning. She thanked me and then said, "Are you waiting for your mother?" I had a good laugh about it, until I realized she had driven herself. Yikes. Her sight wasn't so good, but I was flattered anyway. Scared, but flattered.
I made some pumpkin pizzelle on Friday. They were delicious and I'll post the recipe on Tuesday.
I played a bit of tennis this week and had a fantastic match. It was such a treat to play hard and focus only on the game. We lost the match, but it was such a great time! I love playing tennis and I am grateful that I feel that way again. My little break served me well.
Jon and I started watching Last Man Standing, a comedy starring Tim Allen about the father of three daughters. It's funny and we laugh a lot at the end of the day.
 I read Fresh, Happy, Tasty by Jane Coxwell. It's a beautiful cookbook with unusual takes on some traditional recipes. The photos are gorgeous and encompassing the world.
I also finished The Whole Enchilada by Diane Mott Davidson. It's a fun mystery solved by caterer Goldy Shultz. The print copies have recipes in the back and this one had many Mexican ones. It was a fun read.

No comments: