Sunday, October 20, 2013

Blessings

I'm grateful for so many things.

While waiting to pick up family at the airport, an older man walked over to me and told me I looked like Cybil Shepard. I don't see the resemblance, but appreciate the compliment.
I ate two dinners alone this week and was lucky enough to get a great piece of cod from the supermarket. (Jon doesn't like fish, so I normally eat it when we go out to eat or if he's away.) I bought enough to make two dinner portions and made my father's recipe. He attributes the recipe to his mother, so each night I ate it I thought about him and his mother. Isn't it wonderful how shared recipes and flavors can connect you to family members?
While helping Jon look for an armband in a drawer, I came across a pair of sunglasses I thought I lost. We found both the armband and my lost treasure. Jackpot.
POM, the makers of pomegranate juices in the elegant shaped bottles, came out with a coconut water version. When I get dehydrated while working out or traveling, I like to drink coconut water as a way to replenish. I tried a bottle of POM coconut water and it was delicious. Hints of coconut along with the tang of pomegranate.  I'll add this to my preventative medicine cabinet.
We have been enjoying a few interesting shows, Sleepy Hollow, on the FOX network is one of them. Sleepy Hollow takes place in present day, but with a twist, Ichabod Crane from Washington Irving's short story, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, wakes after centuries sleep and begins to uncover the mystery of the Headless Horseman. It's a blend of history with modern day forensics and crime fighting with a sic-fi twist. It's rather interesting and the actors are brilliant.
Lastly, my brother and his wife celebrated their 10 year anniversary this week. Congratulations to two of my favorite people!


No comments: