Monday, November 11, 2013

Monoprint Monday

Here's a sketch I created, with autumn in mind, onto a mono printed page. I started off mono printing onto paper using my Gelli-plate and acrylic paints. This was one of the first mono prints where I chose colors based on an end result. Since I wanted something autumnal, I chose golds, oranges and a contrasting warm, but soft color, such as cream. I created the background and when it was dry, I went to town sketching fall produce.
I chose colors based on the pumpkins and pears, but also wanted to coordinate with the background. I used colored pencils and left a lot of room for highlights. In order to prevent the pumpkins from getting lost in the background, I made sure to shadow them and also highlight around them, enough to make contrast. The addition of the green leaves also added a pop of color.
The original can be purchased in my Etsy shop.

No comments: