Monday, November 18, 2013

Monoprint Monday

Only two more weeks of Autumn mono-prints and then we move into Advent and winter. This week I posted a richly colored mono print that I made on the Gelli-plate. The colors are oranges, whites and yellows, with the addition of rounded shapes. I immediately thought of pumpkins and what better way that to add lots. I love the way the turquoise pops against the typical autumn colors. I played around with the colored pencils on this sketch, adding lots of layers.  Between the layers of paint from the mono print and the pencils, inks and blending, I felt like I spent days on this one. I added the signature and frame later, on the computer and like the juxtaposition of sewing, old metal, organic pumpkins and background. What a fluke!
The original drawing is for sale on my Etsy shop and note cards are available here.

No comments: