Sunday, January 12, 2014

Blessings

There's an old joke about the weather in the northern USA, it goes, "Don't like the weather? Wait a minute". This week was a perfect example of that. We had sub zero temperatures, snow, ice, thunderstorms, 35 degree weather, sunshine, rain and sleet. Here's one photo after the snow storm. I love the beautiful white snow.
The girl's winter break is coming to an end. It's been fabulous having them home.
A bald eagle was spotted on the lake near our home. It's amazing to see such a fierce creature, the symbol of freedom so close to home.
I've been working in my jumbo sketch journal that my girls gifted me for Christmas. It's been a small perk in my day to take a few moments to work on a sketch.
I've touched base with some old friends and it's interesting to remember who I was when they were originally in my life and who I am now. There is some truth to the saying that "youth is wasted on the young" I would have loved to have known then what I know now. Don't we all feel that way?

Lastly, I found this quote that I love.
Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of it's strengths.
Corrie Ten Boom

No comments: