Thursday, January 02, 2014

New Year Beauty

As I get older I look to the new year with such optimism that it's a gift in itself. The whole notion that  we can have a clean slate or a second chance (or a forty-somethingth chance) is quite exciting. Sure, it's just another day on the calendar, but a "new" year is a chance to get better at things, make improvements in our lives and just be better, be happier and strive to live each day with gusto and gumption. 
Why not make the 'new' year truly new and spectacular... or at least try. That's why people make resolutions in an attempt to stay focused on who we want to become. Change is never easy and in many cases, it isn't even possible. But, I'm not going to let that deter me. As Jullian Michaels says, "Will is a Skill". I'd rather go through my life striving to be better, even if I fail. Am I scared of failing? Of course, I am. 
I want to be more. I want to be better, stronger, faster, smarter. It doesn't happen overnight and in some cases it doesn't happen, but there's only one person who can even try.

If you choose to make any resolutions, good luck to you.

No comments: