Sunday, February 02, 2014

Blessings

On Monday, I saw the most beautiful and timely image. I arrived at the resto, to decorate for the Blackbird Festival, when in the snow I saw the largest blackbird spreading it's wings. It was so fitting that I would see a blackbird at the restaurant this week, that I chuckled out loud.
I played a very fun and challenging tennis match on Tuesday. My partner was great, had a great attitude and played well. It was the first time I've been back on the court competing in a while and I loved it!
Jon and I went out for an last minute dinner this week. It was unexpected and fun, despite being one of the coldest day of the year. I love this man.
The Days of the Blackbird celebration was a success. My father was honored by his friends, townspeople and Tomie DePaola, who were all so sweet and celebratory. Small towns really are the best.
Jon and I took an unexpected trip to Boston to pick up his new electric car. While we were in the south, we stopped and took our girls to a fun sushi lunch. We miss them terribly.


No comments: