Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Illustrated Recipe: Garlic and Ginger Glaze

I've been making this Garlic and Ginger Glaze or "G3" for the last few weeks and I am addicted. For some reason, the sweet and spicy combination just hits the spot. I drizzle it on chicken, but could eat it with toast or just a spoon! It's easy to make and when its simmering the kitchen smells heavenly.  This recipe is so easy to alter and I am not sure I've made it the same way twice.
Alterations: 
-Omit the cornstarch and water if you don't mind a thin sauce. I add the cornstarch to thicken so it clings to the chicken.
-Omit the jalapeño if you don't want a kick OR use 1/2 tsp + red pepper flakes instead.
-Add 1/4 pineapple juice to the recipe for a fruity flavor, if desired.
-Add 1/4 cup fruit jam (peach, raspberry, blackberry) and reduce brown sugar to 1/2 cup for more of a fruit flavor.
-Replace the brown sugar with maple syrup for a maple glaze
-Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onions for an Asian flare

No comments: