Friday, March 28, 2014

A Look Inside My Art Journal

I've been working on an art journal with the sole purpose of using acrylic paint to add color and images. The journal is large, square and full of blank pages.
  I reenforced each 12x12 page with duct tape.  I love the patterned duct tape.
This gave the spine extra strength, but also broke it, so I had to reenforce the outer spine as well.
 I collaged some papers I painted onto the blank pages. When they were dry, I aded layers of acrylic paint over the collaged pieces forming petals for the flowers.
 I just began playing around with quotes, faces, stencils, collage and not worrying about a direction or the outcome until something triggered in my mind.
 No page is complete yet, but as I get the urge, I add more things: text, pictures, etc.
I don't know when or if I'll ever finish, but it's really more about the chance to do it, rather than to complete it.

No comments: