Sunday, March 30, 2014

Blessings

This week I have been so grateful to my family. Coming from a large family, there's always something going on; sometimes good, sometimes bad and always in between.
I'm grateful for my father's help this week. He came and checked on our home, not once, not twice but three times in one day, when he heard a strange noise that sounded like an alarm. It was such a relief to have someone I trust that could take care of any issue that arises when we're away from home.
I'm grateful to my sister, who lives thousands of miles away and yet still keeps in touch. Through the magic of the internet, digital photography and a good sense of humor, she was able to help me shop for much needed clothing. She's blessed with a great eye for fashion and has impeccable tastes in clothing. I'm not sure where she got this ability, as it seems to have skipped over all her siblings, but she doesn't mind sharing her gift.  Lucky for me!
I'm grateful that another sister was safe after a car accident. My sister and her niece were together in the car at the time, but luckily, neither were hurt.
My daughters helped out a dear friend who is going through a tough time. I am grateful that they share their issues with me and I am so proud that they are compassionate, kind and good friends to others.
I had a great week of tennis and felt that I am finally making progress with my backhand. There's always plenty to learn, even more to improve upon and it's the small victories that make this sport so addictive. I'm hooked and am so glad to have a fun hobby that keeps me active. 

No comments: