Sunday, March 09, 2014

Blessings

I am blessed to have my daughters home on Spring Break! They are exhausted but full of things to talk about. I love having them around. They have grown into lovely young women.
I was "busy" playing lots of tennis this week with many new people. I enjoyed it tremendously and can't wait to get back on the court each day. I was heavy into tennis for years and then took a two year hiatus. Now, I'm motivated again and enjoy it thoroughly.
I started running outside again and was able to feel free and clear headed. What an unbelievable gift that has been.
I have been in touch with my family, scattered across New England and Italy. Thanks to the magic of internet and cellular, I am able to keep in touch with them with ease.
Jon and I have been drinking hot steeped cinnamon before bed and first thing in the morning. I take two mugs, add 1 tsp cinnamon to each and then add 8 oz of boiling water. I let it cool a bit, to room temperature or so, then add lemon juice and raw honey. A modified version of this is recommended to cure what ails you, from arthritis to heart disease. It's also purported to help with weight loss.

No comments: