Friday, April 25, 2014

Fluffernutter Recipe

If you're from New England then you've heard of the "fluffernutter" the sandwich made from peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. It's smothered onto white bread and is sweet, creamy and thick. To someone who's not familiar with this concoction, it sounds like a dreadful candy, but having had fluffernutters for lunch in the summer, it brings back memories of the lake, swimming lessons and no responsibilities.
We ate fluffernutters on Italian bread, so they weren't technically authentic. I still remember the grit of sand in my teeth from windy days.
My daughter eats them too - without the sandy memories.
The state of Massachusetts is contemplating naming the fluffernutter the official state sandwich because Marshmallow Fluff is made in Lynn, MA.
Personally,  I find that type of politicking to be a waste of time and money. Politicians are now getting paid to create state sandwiches and sign that into law? Give me a break.

Here's my illustration of the recipe.
And here's a recipe for Fluffernutter Fudge

No comments: