Friday, May 16, 2014

Good Product: Jack Link's Small Batch Handcrafted Beef Jerky

I've tried a few Beef Jerky's and never been a fan. Jon and my daughter Ash are very big fans of jerky and enjoy trying different kinds. My trainer recommended jerky as a high protein, low fat snack, so I had it in mind to give it a try. I've found a few recipes to make my own but was hesitant because I didn't want to end up with some leathery piece of meat.
Ashley and I were in a convenience store and saw Jack Link's Small Batch Beef Jerky and decided to give the Teriyaki flavor No. 17 a try. The bag weighs 2.5 oz and doesn't hold much but knowing that jerky is high in sodium and we didn't want to eat a lot of it, I think it worked out well.
The Teriyaki Jerky was delicious. We shared it with Jon and Allie who agreed. Jon went back and purchased the other two flavors - Original No. 11 and Peppered No. 15. All were really tasty and tender. The strips of teriyaki vary in size from 1 inch long to a 4 inch strip.
I have a hard time selecting a favorite, for me it's either Peppered or Original. Jon loves the Teriyaki.
You can find them in convenience stores or online. I will definitely be ordering more.

No comments: