Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Menu: Summer Dinner Party

Early Summer Dinner Party Menu

Beef Wellington
Smashed Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic
Steamed Green Beans
Tomato and Peach Salad
Bread and Butter

Blackberry and Vanilla Cake

We had a small dinner party at our home and I prepared Wellington, one of our family's favorite dishes. One of our guests adores Bearnaise Sauce. (LOVES it. She orders it by the cup when she goes to her favorite restaurants.) I wanted to make it for her, even though I don't usually serve a sauce with Wellington.
 I researched online and then contacted an expert to find out how to make it. My father gave me a recipe along with tips and techniques. Most importantly, he told me to make a batch ahead of time, a trial run, so to speak. I did and it proved most valuable.
I made a delicious summer salad of tomatoes with red onion and peaches that was light and refreshing.
I made a Blackberry Vanilla Cake that was the perfect ending to our meal.
I'll post the recipes later in the week.

No comments: