Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November Sketch Daily: Days 16, 17, and 18: Cornucopia, Turkey and Thanksgiving

 Here are the sketches from the weekend that I missed because of other posts.
 As a child, cornucopia's were synonymous with Thanksgiving. I remember cardboard cut-outs decorating the classroom and hallways at school. When I first saw a real cornucopia as a centerpiece on a table, I was surprised and a little disappointed that it was just an irregular shaped wicker horn. Now, I understand the the idea that it's supposed to be overflowing with food and feast for the holiday.
Even though we don't eat turkey on Thanksgiving (gives a few of us migraines), there is something about a rounded cartoon bird to bring a smile to my face. Luckily, they don't really look like this..

And for today, using the prompt "THANKSGIVING" I made the text on top of a pumpkin. I love the combination of bright orange and turquoise, even if it's not traditional.

No comments: