Sunday, December 07, 2014

Blessings

I am blessed with so many good things in my life. My daughters flew home safely, in the early morning hours, this week.
Jon and I took flights later in the week and experienced no delays or route problems.
We got hit with usual, but strong winter storms and yet we have a warm home and cars that get us to where we need to go.
One delivery man wouldn't attempt to make it up our driveway, and yet one of our neighbor's workmen hopped in his truck and delivered my package to me.
My beautiful sister had her second child. She is healthy and strong and I miss her.
Ashley ran her first half marathon. It was a long 13.1 miles and she felt great at the end! It was 40 degrees and raining the entire distance, but you'd never know it from her attitude. Yes, from her blue lips and shivering, but not from her smile. We got her warmed up with the help of a Dunkin Donuts Hot Cocoa and she was thrilled!
Allie and John rented a car and came up to the race to cheer her on. It was great to see everyone together.
Speaking of together.... 4 out of 5 of my siblings met up at my brother's home. We braved the snow, slush, and rain to have a rambunctious, fun, and loud night together. What a crazy group of crazies... my crazies.

No comments: