Sunday, December 28, 2014

Blessings

 We had a wonderful Christmas at our home. We sat around the tree and watched the Christmas lights at night while chatting and laughing. My father was the guest of honor for Christmas dinner where we continued the Christmas chat and laugh session. I spoke to my siblings, far away friends and some old acquaintances and truly cherished the wonderful people in my life.
 The girls made Christmas into a HUGE affair. Together they made an adorable gingerbread house, complete with mosaic walk, marshmallow igloo and icicles. They got up early and decorated the house with every single light we own.... and some they purchased just to surprise us! It was an unexpected Christmas morning. I felt like I was at the North Pole.
 In between wrapping gifts and planning for Christmas, my children created their own laboratories... Why does this surprise me? Ashley ran an experiment (see above) and Allie worked on creating her own circuit board stuff. They're like their father in that they are always inventing. It would be an unusual sight in our home to NOT have a science lab (or two or three) set up in our living rooms.
I'm grateful to all the people that have influenced me and motivated me throughout the year. I've been thinking about 2015 and the direction I want to go. I found a great quote online, "A goal without a plan is a wish".... This means I have to make plans.

No comments: