Monday, December 15, 2014

December Journal 2014

In December I keep an art journal that documents many Christmas and Advent activities. Each year I do a different rendition of a journal, depending on my focus that year. Here are some previous December Journal posts 2011 December Journal    2010 December Art Journal     2012 Advent List

This year, I made a journal from file folders, Gelli Prints, and papers. I sewed the journal together this year, instead of using binding rings or a pre-made album or book.
 This was a casual album. The pages are different sizes and widths.
 I made an effort to layer them so that the largest pages were on the outer signatures.
I clipped them before sewing them together and made a little guide to punch the holes for the binding.
I bonded the journal by attaching the 3 signatures together.
 Here are some inside pages from the bound journal. Here you can see the file folders.
 Here's a look inside one of the signatures where you can see the different papers.
 I love the contrast between the bright red Gelli print and the neutral pages.
 There's plenty of room for writing, sketching, or attaching photos or cards.
There's even a folded page with a pocket to tuck in tickets, tags, or notes.

No comments: