Thursday, December 04, 2014

Simple Gelli Printed Tag 1

Gelli Printed Tag #1
I went on a Gelli Printing run and printed lots of tags using reds and greens on both sides. I set them aside to use for Christmas tags.
 I wanted to use traditional colors and simple shapes for this tag. I cut simple triangular shapes to make 2 trees and stamped "Merry Christmas" onto a piece of white card stock. I also cut a piece of backed burlap to add texture to my piece.
 I stained the outer edge of the tag using walnut distress ink and did the same with the trees, stamped saying and burlap.
 I thought the tag looked a little harsh, so I took Distress paint in white and rubbed it on the tag and then wiped it away to tone the reds down.
 I adhered the burlap with glue, then picked out some ribbon. I also found another star for the second tree.
 I adhered the trees, stars, and saying. I added the ribbon and finished the tag.
The same thing could be done for any shape: ornament, candy cane, snowflake, snowman, etc.

Other Gelli Printing for Christmas


No comments: